20mph speed limit for Winterton schools
An advisory 20mph speed limit is to be introduced outside Winterton infant and junior schools.
Officials say it is part of a package of improvements along West Street to keep children safe when travelling to and from school.
Other measures include introducing enforceable parking restrictions such as no-waiting/stopping zones, and high profile signs and road markings.
BLINDS & CURTAINS MADE 2 MEASURE WE COVER SCUNTHORPE & GRIMSBY...View details
Have a look at our website and view our fantastic new blinds! then you could book a free home visit were we show you more samples and help you choose your new blinds.www.grimsby-sunblinds.co.uk
Contact: 01472 809887
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
West Street and nearby streets have also been resurfaced as part of the overall improvements.
The timescale for the work is:
- Signs and lines – next few weeks
- Traffic regulation orders in force by August 31.
- Flashing lights to accompany the advisory 20mph speed limit will be erected from Monday, September 10 to fit in with various other work.
The restrictions include:
- Advisory 20mph speed limit on a section of West Street Monday to Friday 8.30am to 9.30am and 3pm to 4pm.
- No waiting at any time with no loading Monday to Friday 8.30am to 9.30am and 3pm to 4pm
- No waiting/No loading Monday to Friday 8.30am to 9.30am and 3pm to 4pm
- No stopping on entrance markings Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
Cllr Nigel Sherwood, cabinet member for highways and neighbourhood at North Lincolnshire Council, said:
"Road safety is a priority for the council and these measures will help make it safer for children travelling to and from school.
"We have responded to local people's concerns and consulted widely on the proposals.
"The restrictions will help make a real difference."