Candle safety warning in North Lincolnshire
People are being told to take extra care with candles by Humberside Fire and Rescue Service.
Over the last 12 month the service has attended 14 house fires that were caused when candles were left unattended.
Phil Leake, community safety manager for Humberside Fire and Rescue Service, said: "Although this doesn't seem like a high number, these types of incidents could so easily be avoided. A fire in the home can be devastating and I urge residents to never leave candles unattended.
"Now that winter draws in and Christmas approaches, the use of candles in the home increases, therefore increasing the risk of fire. Using a proper candle holder is imperative, if tea lights are not placed in suitable holders they can over heat and catch fire in seconds."
30% off on our collection range and other selected fabrics. alternatively call 809887 and we will bring our samples to you for our friendly hassle free quote.
Contact: 01472 809887
Valid until: Saturday, July 13 2013
The fire service tells people never to leave candles unattended, and to keep them out of reach of children and pets on a stable surface