Chicken shed catches fire in Wrawby after electrical fault
A CHICKEN shed has caught fire in Wrawby after a fault in the electrical unit above it.
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service was called at 3.42pm today (Saturday, February 9) to the incident on Star Carr Lane in the village.
The fire started in the electrical unit, on top of the shed, before spreading to the wood panelling and cladding below.
Firefighters used dry powder extinguishers due to the nature of the fire and one hose jet reel.
£5.00 VOUCHER to use at our award winning restaurantView details
Book a table for 2 and get £5 off with this voucher. When ringing quote: “This is Scunthorpe” promotion.
Terms: Cannot be used with any other offers or vouchers. Your email address.......................... (if you want to receive vouchers in the future). Print voucher or show us the voucher on your phone.
Contact: 01724 701783
Valid until: Wednesday, June 19 2013
All electricals to the chicken shed were isolated by the fire service and the incident was left with the owner and an electrician.
No-one is believed to have been hurt.