Firefighters fly to rooftop rescue of bird in Scunthorpe's Willoughby Road
Humberside fire-fighters turned life-savers with a rooftop rescue in Scunthorpe on Friday afternoon.
They were called to an address in Willoughby Road, where a bird was trapped by fishing wire to the television aerial on top of a chimney pot.
The lucky bird was rescued and released by the fire service and did not suffer any injuries.
In the early hours of this morning (Saturday), fire-fighters were called to different incidents in East Common Lane, Scunthorpe.
NEED A NEW BOILER ?. THEN READ OUR REVIEWS & CALL P & P PLUMBING...View details
IF YOUR LOOKING AT REPLACING YOUR BOILER, THEN CALL, P & P PLUMBING. WE CAN SUPPLY & FIT BOILERS, TO SUIT ALL BUDGETS, & THEY COME WITH 3, 5, 7 & AN AMAZING 10 YEARS PARTS & LABOUR GUARANTEE.
Terms: Ts & Cs apply
Contact: 01472 803004
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
The first blaze involved a quantity of scrap cars and pallets.
Three hours later - shortly before 4.30am - a crew was called to deal with a fire smouldering on a roof.