Householder suffers burns in Barrow blaze
A man suffered burns during a fire in Barrow last night (Wednesday Nov 7).
The householder was taken to hospital with burns to his hands.
He was also suffering from breathing in smoke during the blaze and was given oxygen by emergency services personnel at the scene.
The fire was centred on the kitchen of a semi-detached property in Harvest Rise.
FREE MEAL OFFER at our award winning restaurantView details
Whatever your occasion, book a table for 6 or more and we will give you a free meal up to the value of £15 with this voucher.
Terms: Cannot be used with any other offers or vouchers. Your email address.......................... (if you want to receive vouchers in the future). Print voucher or show us the voucher on your phone.
Contact: 01724 281289
Valid until: Sunday, June 23 2013
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service attended at 10pm and identified the cause as an unattended chip-pan.
A female neighbour suffered shock and was treated by paramedics from the East Midlands service.
Fire crews from Barton and East Hull tackled the blaze and were at the scene for about half-an-hour.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said this morning that they advised against chip-pans and suggested householders should invest in deep fat fryers, described as being safer.