'Major gas leak' leads to Ashby homes being evacuated and road closure put in place
A number of homes in Ashby were evacuated this morning (Thursday March 14) due to what has since been described as a major gas leak.
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service used the term, having been called to the area soon after 10am.
Properties on Southfield Road, Cornwall Road and Everest Road were evacuated, while Grange Lane South and Everest Road were partially closed to traffic by police.
The fire service said later that a blaze involving electrical cables had caused adjoining gas pipes to melt, leading to a major gas leak.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
The fire was out by the time crews arrived, while the gas supply was isolated by an engineer from the utility company.