Reports show tragic teens had not taken mephedrone
TOXICOLOGY reports are understood to show teenagers Louis Wainwright, 18, and Nick Smith, 19, whose deaths in March were linked to the drug mephedrone, had not taken the drug.
Initial tests on the teenagers' bodies are said to reveal there were no traces of mephedrone in either of their systems and further tests will now be carried out.
Sources speaking off the record have previously confirmed this to the Scunthorpe Telegraph and national reports are circulating today, but no official confirmation has been given.
A police spokeswoman said: "The pathology report, which includes toxicology findings, is prepared on behalf of the coroner and is not yet complete.
BLINDS & CURTAINS MADE 2 MEASURE WE COVER SCUNTHORPE & GRIMSBY...View details
Have a look at our website and view our fantastic new blinds! then you could book a free home visit were we show you more samples and help you choose your new blinds.www.grimsby-sunblinds.co.uk
Contact: 01472 809887
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
"The findings of the report, once completed, will be forwarded to the coroner and may be discussed at any inquest and will not be disclosed without the authority of HM Coroner."
So far, no date for an inquest has been set as North Lincolnshire Coroners' Office is awaiting information from police.
The deaths of the young men sparked concern about stimulant mephedrone, which was then legal and widely available over the internet.
The Labour Government banned the drug in April, making it a class B drug alongside amphetamines and cannabis.