'Vibrant' Brigg of 2020 envisaged
A vision of Brigg in 2020 has been unveiled.
The Brigg Community-led Plan, entitled Shaping Our Future Vision for 2020 envisages a "welcoming, vibrant, cohesive and inclusive community with outstanding, accessible facilities".
It sees "an expanding historic, rural market town, built around a river, and a 'hub' for the adjoining area".
The plan, which been approved by Brigg Town Council, is designed to set out how local people want to see their community develop. It will act as a blueprint to guide local authorities, planners and other bodies.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Among its ambitions are:
• Urgent action to create jobs;
• A review of flood defences;
• Development of moorings on the River Ancholme and regular clean-ups of the river;
• Improved recreational grounds;
• The restoration of events such as the and Brigg Show;
• A review of the CCTV system;
• A 'Brigg Town Planning Forum' to support development including affordable housing;
• Addressing traffic problems and improving train services.
The plan has been developed over the past two years after public meetings, online feedback, displays in a shop-front in Wrawby Street, a questionnaire to all homes and school visits.
Councillor Alec Depledge said: "Those who live in Brigg, or use the town in any way, have clearly spoken, making their wishes known, and are watching and waiting for positive action to bring about improvements to the quality of life within this community."