Woman and child taken to Scunthorpe General Hospital after possible carbon monoxide leak
A WOMAN and child were taken to Scunthorpe General Hospital after a possible carbon monoxide leak at their home yesterday.
The woman called Humberside Fire and Rescue Service after suspecting a leak at her house on Redbourn Street, Scunthorpe.
Concerned that she was suffering symptoms of carbon monoxide inhalation, she called the fire service shortly after 8pm (Sunday, November 18).
The woman and child were both taken to Scunthorpe General Hospital by ambulance for precautionary checks.
30% off on our collection range and other selected fabrics. alternatively call 809887 and we will bring our samples to you for our friendly hassle free quote.
Contact: 01472 809887
Valid until: Saturday, July 13 2013
Firefighters used gas detection equipment to check for signs of carbon monoxide, but found the house to be clear.
They did, however, say that the woman had switched off the gas and opened windows before firefighters arrived. With this in mind the fire service has strongly advised her to have the property and appliances checked by her landlord.
Gas levels were also checked in an attached property but no traces of carbon monoxide were found.