Tuesday, June 19 2012, 4:41PM
“Just an anecdote - my father lived in sheltered accommodation, he decided to have boil in the bag fish for his evening meal. He decided to have a ride around on his mobility scooter while the fish cooked, bad mistake.When he returned the fire brigade were putting out the blaze in his kitchen, all his fellow flat dwellers had been evacuated to the main hall for their own safety, and were sat there staring at each other for three long hours.He was totally oblivious to the mayhem he'd caused.The fire brigade were marvellous, even clearing up the mess, and making his kitchen habitable again.Moral - never leave a cooker unattended, EVER.”
Tuesday, June 19 2012, 7:06PM
“By your story Gordinio....It appears One should not leave your father alone.......”
Tuesday, June 19 2012, 7:42PM
“Years ago my Mother did a similar thing but had failed to light the gas ring and went out, it was bad as in a bottom flat. The (Yorkshire) council removed the gas cooker then replaced it with electric cooker.I must admit I have had many small incidents such as answering the phone with a pan on stove, wondered why not getting hot then found gas not lit, remove pan off gas put food on plate but left gas ring lit, put tea towel over oven door and closed oven door but forgot to tur off gas grill in oven, worst thing it was a treasured one which belonged to my deceased aunt.It is often brought to my attention by the automatic humidisat extractor fan comming on.Do I qualify to be taken away?”
Something about your area you want to voice and debate with others? Let your community know and see how they feel.
Join the debate
Copyright © 2013 Local World. All Rights Reserved.