Three people taken to hospital after carbon monoxide alert in East Butterwick
A woman and two children were taken to hospital last night following what is thought to have been a carbon monoxide problem at a property in East Butterwick
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service was called to an address on the High Street shortly after 8.30pm.
Crew members found a carbon monoxide alarm sounding because of what was described as a leak from an open fire flume.
A woman and and two female children - suffering slight effects of breathing in fumes - were given first-aid by paramedics and taken to hospital for precautionary checks.
Gas detection equipment was used within the property, which was ventilated by fire-fighters.
A spokesman for Humberside Fire and Rescue said this morning (Wednesday): “It was called in as a carbon monoxide alarm activated – the alarm in the kitchen was going off. People got themselves outside which was good.
"Three engines attended, one from Scunthorpe and two from Immingham East. The ambulance attended to give the occupants treatment in the ambulance.
"We ventilated the property after testing for carbon monoxide because it was found present.
"It was safe for the occupants to return that night as the property had been ventilated.”